Monday, January 5, 2009

Yesterday Did Not Exist

Yesterday in no way resembled a day in the life of one who is striving to slenderize. Yesterday was the day of the "good-bye" meals as the Wonder Sons prepared to head back to school. Younger Wonder Son left at 3 pm, but not before a family meal of hammy, hammy bean soup. Mmmm - it was yummy so I ate too much, and crackers, too. Elder Wonder Son requested burgers, big ones with cheese, as his good-bye-I'm-leaving-in-the-morning meal. Feeling a bit blue about his leaving, I ate mine without a second thought although I did pass on the potato salad. Evening brought one of Wonder Son's friends to the house with cake, and not just any cake. This was the ultimate CHOCOLATE CAKE from a gourmet cake shop far, far away, flown into our little island of midwesternness by one-who-could-afford-to-have-cakes-flown-in. That trip on an airplane did nothing to diminish the calorie content, and a big glass of milk was, of course, necessary to complete the orgasm of chocolate bodaciousness.

Today began early, early, early with a 50 mile trip to the airport. Elder Wonder Son has left the midwest! My day started with coffee and a yummy Transitions Peanut Butter Chocolate nutrition bar, grabbed on the run as I headed to the car. Lunch was a Transitions Shake. Today, I did half vanilla and half chocolate - this could be my favorite!

So now I'm faced with a refrigerator full of leftovers, all the remains of the Wonder Sons' favorites. Having been raised by the woman who saved old panty hose and the last five peas, I cannot simply clean out the refrigerator into the trash. And I still haven't gone to the gym.

1 comment:

  1. Remember to have faith in yourself. I have to admit, I don't do well with denying myself, especially when it has to do with my children. As much as we love them, keeping to our goals (diet or homework) always seems to be easier when they are safely where they belong. Have a hug from Montana!

    ReplyDelete