Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Day Another Pound - actually more like a week and TWO pounds!

It's been a week since the start of this adventure in weight loss. I stepped on the scale today to find myself two pounds lighter. Of course, two pounds less from a tub of lard doesn't make much of a difference, but it's a start. And it's certainly better than no loss or, heaven forbid, a gain.

I'm waiting for the washer repairman. Soooo much fun. The dogs are snoring and I'm thinking about food. No wonder - it's after noon and I haven't eaten. Being lazy and wanting to avoid searching through the refrigerator, I think I'll have a Transitions Shake. I love those things.

Yesterday, I tried a Transitions meal, a beef burgundy with rice, on my lunch break, but I'm saving those for days at work. The meal was delicious. I don't know what kind of rice was in it but it had a great texture, nothing mushy like some frozen meals. It was just enough to fill me up without feeling gross. I was satisfied, and the feeling lasted for the afternoon. Someone brought bite-size chocolate coated pretzels to work, and I had enough will-power to only eat two of them. For me, this was a miracle.

I hope that in 7 days, I can report another 2 pounds. It would be wonderful.

Knitting is moving right along. I'm doing the sleeves, two at a time, on a sweater. If I don't knit two at once, they never come out the same length no matter how much I count and measure. I'm up to the sleeve caps, then it'll be time to sew and put on neck and button bands. After that, I'm going to start a Hey, Teach sweater for a friend who's student teaching. It's just the cutest sweater, and pretty quick to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment