Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's a miracle - another pound

Another pound is a miracle? After three weeks? Yes, indeed!!! After a week in Florida and a severe case of the Honduran Hack, it's truly a miracle that I've lost anything at all.

On the flight to Florida, I sat in front of an adorable little Honduran child who hacked, coughed, and snotted continuously, all while standing on Mommy's lap and hanging over my seat back. Needless to say, the Honduran Hack immediately found its way to me. And I am a true believer in "feed a cold and starve a fever". Of course, if I have a fever, it somehow becomes "starve a cold and feed a fever". I must maintain my health at all costs!

I started my go-to-the-gym program on Monday. I've vowed that, without fail, I'll be at the gym every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday unless I have to work. Being a nurse and running up and down the long hospital halls for 12 hours is enough exercise on those days. Here it is, Wednesday, I'm home, and I've already broken my vow, but with 8 inches of fresh snow in the driveway, I'm not going anywhere.

The exercise of the day is doing laundry. Sounds like a chicken's way out, but this is the Marathon of Laundry. Back on January 3rd, the Wonder Sons destroyed my washer. As of yesterday afternoon, it's working. So, from January 3rd to January 27th, not a load was washed. The sheer volume of laundry is mind boggling. The chute was backed up from the basement to the second floor, plus all the laundry the Wonder Sons left behind in their rooms after they went back to school. I shut the doors to their rooms and ignored it until now. What was I going to do with it - wash it? So, I'm up and down from the basement to the second floor, over and over and over again, and bending and squatting to load, unload, sort and fold. Every bed in the house needs to be stripped from the holidays - five beds worth of everything. I haven't started that yet, still working on the clothing and towels. Oh, and the rugs the damned cat peed on.

With all the laundry activity, it's a good thing I have my Transitions foods to get me by. I am loving the pre-made meals. For lunch I had a Five Bean Casserole . It was so tasty, it might be my new favorite. I forgot to eat breakfast - oh, well. I know it's not supposed to be good to skip breakfast, but it's 1:30 in the afternoon, so I guess it's too late to worry about it.

Back to the laundry!

1 comment: